What We Believe
Trail Christian Fellowship shall be a non-denominational church. It shall seek to emphasize the spiritual unity of all true believers. It shall be the policy of this church to give preeminence to the preaching of the gospel, to studying the Word of God, and to exalting the Lord Jesus Christ. In order to identify the Church as conservative in theology, and evangelical in spirit, we set forth this general statement of fundamental beliefs:
- We believe in the verbal and complete inspiration by God of the original writings of the Old and New Testament Scriptures, the only infallible rule of faith and practice.
- We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Jesus Christ was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, and is true God and true man.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit is God, at work in the world to execute all divine activity and especially to reveal Jesus Christ as Lord and glorify Him.
- We believe that humanity is created in the image of God and is loved by Him, but through sinful inheritance and choice is alienated, separated from God and under His righteous judgment.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures as a substitutionary and complete sacrifice, and that all who repent and believe in Him are justified wholly apart from human merit and works, on the ground of His shed blood and resurrection.
- We believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, in His ascension into Heaven, and in His present life there for us as High Priest, Advocate, and Lord of the creation.
- We believe in the second, visible and personal coming of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ to establish His worldwide kingdom on the earth.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of both the just and the unjust, the eternal blessedness of the saved, and the everlasting condemnation of the unsaved.
- We believe that all who receive by faith the Lord Jesus Christ are born of the Holy Spirit and thereby become children of God and members of the body of Christ, the one true Church, whose life is visibly expressed wherever even two or three are gathered together in Christ’s name.
- We believe that the Christian life is not reformation, but transformation, in which Christ Himself relives His life through the believer’s whole being. Such life will be preeminently characterized by love, truth and purity.
- We believe that as the Creator and Sovereign Lord of the universe, God has designed and instituted marriage and the family as a sacred relationship whereby his relationship with his covenant people is reflected, his faithful and sacrificial love is learned and experienced through lifetime commitment, and his redemptive purposes for the human race are furthered through the begetting of children who will be raised by parents in covenant with God. The marriage relationship as intended by God and revealed in scripture is to be only one man and one woman in lifetime covenant.
- We believe the Church is commissioned to evangelize the world by proclaiming Jesus Christ as Lord and by living as His servants in the age.